Introduction and Learning Objectives
Welcome to your online, self-study course, Creative Arts Therapies and Addiction: A Mindful Approach.
If you are a licensed creative arts therapist in the state of New York, then you are probably interested obtaining the 10.75 continuing education contact hours for this course!
In order to obtain these contact hours you will need:
- Be sure to watch all video modules.
- Be sure to download available documents and worksheets.
- Once you complete your course materials, be sure to complete the instructor evaluation and the learning assessment (quiz).
- Once you have completed your evaluation and assessment, you may submit your information through the webform under the lesson entitled "certificate of completion."
- After entering your information and hitting "submit" you will receive an email to the address you used to enroll in the course. This email functions as your certificate of completion, so be sure to save it or bookmark it in your email account.
Here is a reminder of your learning objectives for this course.
Participants of this course will be able to identify the following on a multiple choice "quiz" and course evaluation:
- Identify two dysfunctional characteristics of a family system struggling with addiction.
- Identify two traits that put a person at higher risk for addiction.
- Identify two signs of an addictive relationship.
- Identify one activating strategy for an anxious-ambivalent attachment style.
- Identify one de-activating strategy for an avoidant attachment style.
- Identify two stages of the Transtheorhetical Model for Change.
I would recommend printing out and studying the attached review sheet, before taking the learning assessment.
This course is also structured so that each lesson will "drip" every 7 days for maximum retention. Once all lessons have been dripped, you will have full access, for all time!
If you have any concerns, please reach out to [email protected]
Briana MacWilliam, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists; #CAT-0014, and is also an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors; #MHC-0224.
PLEASE NOTE: While some subject areas overlap in education, a course that includes art therapy directives does not qualify a counselor to practice art therapy, and similarly an art therapist is not qualified to practice as a counselor, without proper licensing. This is a completely self-directed course. Your continuing education contact hours will be attributed on the date that you submit the webform for your certificate of completion.