Introduction and Learning Objectives
Welcome to your online, self-study course, Creative Arts Therapies and Addiction: A Mindful Approach.
If you are a licensed creative arts therapist in the state of New York, then you are probably interested obtaining the 10.75 continuing education contact hours for this course!
In order to obtain these contact hours you will need:
- To complete ALL Lesson modules(there is a tracking system that monitors if you watched all lectures to their completion and opened all lesson modules, etc.),
- To complete a course evaluation through Survey Monkey
- To complete a graded learning assessment (you must answer at least 75% of the questions correctly; this score will trigger the release of your certificate by email)
Here is a reminder of your learning objectives for this course.
Participants of this course will be able to identify the following on a multiple choice "quiz" and course evaluation:
- Identify two dysfunctional characteristics of a family system struggling with addiction.
- Identify two traits that put a person at higher risk for addiction.
- Identify two signs of an addictive relationship.
- Identify one activating strategy for an anxious-ambivalent attachment style.
- Identify one de-activating strategy for an avoidant attachment style.
- Identify two stages of the Transtheorhetical Model for Change.
I would recommend printing out and studying the attached review sheet, before taking the learning assessment. You only have one chance at it!
This course is also structured so that each lesson will "drip" every 7 days for maximum retention. Once all lessons have been dripped, you will have full access, for all time!
A reminder about self-study and continuing education:
For LCATs in New York State, a self-study course can only equal 1/3 of the required contact hours for your license renewal. So, if your license renews in three years, you will require 36 continuing education contact hours, thus a maximum of 12 of those hours can be self-study. The rest of your contact hours must be live events. This includes online webinars, which CreativeArtsTherapiesOnline.com will be offering on a monthly basis, starting in February of 2017. All enrolled students will be updated on new live and self-study course launches. So keep an eye out for our newsletter!