Video_Test Taker Feedback and Advice
Hello Test Takers!
A few of our fellow professionals have offered some feedback with respect to materials that are not currently in this course, but would be worth exploring if you have not already taken the test, or need to take it again!
With the profession appearing to shift the way of counseling, it is suggested you also familiarize yourself with the following subject areas:
- Motivational interviewing
- Treatment Planning Methods and Criteria (including distinctions between "goals" and "objectives")
- SOAP notes (Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Plan)
- Postmodernist approaches to Art Therapy
- Regulations surrounding electronic documentation and confidentiality (know your HIPPA laws!)
- Case management
Study guides related to counseling and/or social work should address these areas. If you find some useful resources, please feel free to share!